Viet Rainbow of Orange County (VROC) is a community-based organization founded by Vietnamese-Americans with a diverse prism of sexual orientations and gender identities. Through engagement, education, advocacy, and supportive services we aim to empower our communities for a more equitable, safe, and unified Vietnamese diaspora and expand its voice in the broader society. The Viet Rainbow of Orange County Scholarship is a scholarship that seeks to provide financial assistance to Vietnamese-American students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, or Ally (LGBTQA), and to help them make their educational dreams a reality.
- A senior in high school or attending college?
- Looking for a scholarship opportunity to pay for your school costs?
- An active member in the community and working to promote civil rights of the LGBTQA community?
If your answers are yes to the questions above, you’re in luck! The Viet Rainbow of Orange County Scholarship. This scholarship awards two students currently in high school or postsecondary school one-time scholarships of $500 each. Preference is given to those who identify as Vietnamese-Americans and LGBTQA.
- Be a) in the process of applying to, or b) currently attending a post-secondary institution (community college, university, vocational school, or graduate or professional school) or graduate institution.
- Involved in the Asian Pacific Islander (API) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and Ally (LGBTQA) community; however, need not identify as either to apply. Preference will be given to those who identify as both Vietnamese-Americans and LGBTQA.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.50 or better (on a scale of 4.0).
Please email email@example.com.
Please visit: www.vietroc.org
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Application Form (Word): VROC Scholarship Application Form – Word Doc
This announcement in PDF: VROC Scholarship Announcement Final V